Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Status report

It seems that the fire danger is over for now. Rain overnight has eased the pressure. The big fires continue to burn but are safely controlled at the moment.
For the first time since that horrible Saturday - Black Saturday, as they're calling it now - I woke today to a sky clear of smoke. 'Twas a beautifully ordinary sight.

Settling in to the new place has been an interrupted process due to evacuations. I'm back here now and intend to try to stay here for more than one day at a time!

Internet access is intermittent at the moment. I'm tapping into an unsecured wireless network which may or may not belong to the main house. It probably does as there's nothing else around here for miles. I haven't had a chance to sit down and work it out with the owners yet as we all keep rushing off to safer destinations!

The signal is very weak and keeps cutting out. I'm going to have to do something about this!!!!

It is, as they say, all up from here.

The first thing I did was set up the stereo - can't believe I'm listening to David Coverdale though. He does have Jimmy Page playing guitar for him though so it's not all bad. Kind of what Led Zeppelin would have sounded like if they'd been a mainstream metal/heavy rock band. Makes me appreciate the sheer genius of the awesome unit that was Bonham/Jones/Page/Plant all the more.

Hope everyone's well.

1 comment:

Janet said...

Glad to hear things are settling down...miss you!