Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Momentous news...

After days of procrastination I have finally done my laundry.
Not momentous enough?
How about - I have 25% disk space left on the hard drive.
No?
I just broke the law by watering the tomato plants.
Not that either?
I'm moving house. That's the one.
On, or about, the 14th of this month.
Since the landlord's girlfriend moved in about 6 months ago, this place hasn't been so much fun anymore. Somehow it's turned into her house and I'm surplus to requirements.
Kind of the story of my life in recent times.

I've found somewhere else, out in Hoddles Creek in the Yarra Valley. Quite close to Ma'n'Pa's and Paula's and much closer to Clare's. A bit out of the way in terms of job opportunities but places closer to town are just too expensive. The new place is affordable, just, and is on 5 acres so there'll be plenty of room to move.
I'll be renting two rooms that have been added on to the main house, which is occupied by a couple and one child. I'll have my own entrance and fridge but will have to share the bathroom and kitchen - I can live with that easily enough.
The couple seem nice enough - he's into photography and music, so there's common ground already. It'll be up to me how much I interact with them.
So, there you have it. Time to ramble on.
Now, if I could just find a job......

3 comments:

Janet said...

Good luck in your rambles :-)

Kwizgiver said...

Wow, big changes coming up! Good luck with everything!

Mary said...

Oh my! More changes afoot! It will be nice to have your family near by. The moral support will help loads!