Friday, August 08, 2008

A minority of one

I saw The Dark Knight last night. Didn't like it. Actually, it wasn't a case of not liking it as much as being bored by it. Crash Bang Violence Car chase Crash Bang Car chase Violence. *yawn*.
Yes, Heath Ledger gave a good performance as The Joker but I feel so sad that this was his last performance, the one he'll be remembered for - a completely evil psycopath with no redeeming features whatsoever.
Watching Christian Bale is about as exciting as watching paint dry. Same goes for whoever played Harvey Whatsisname. Gary Oldman had none of his usual lunatic spark. Michael Caine was Michael Caine, as always.
The storyline could have been interesting with the whole choice/chance, order/anarchy, hero/villain thing going on but, really, it was all just a pretty superficial backdrop for the special effects.
I went with my sister and brother-in-law (who both loved it) but, if I had gone on my own, I think I would've left well before the end because I just didn't care about how it was going to play out.

No comments: