Friday, March 07, 2008

Just typing for the hell of it.....

My turn to cook last night so there was definitely no boiled beef and cabbage! Chicken parmigiana instead.
I even made the tomato sauce from scratch - very finely chopped onions and garlic (think I used 3 cloves), whole bunch of very ripe chopped tomatoes, rosemary, sage, basil, parsley (all fresh, chopped), black pepper, red wine, teaspoon of sugar. Cooked the onion and garlic first then just threw everything else in and cooked it on low heat till the tomatoes had fallen apart and the liquids had cooked down. Can't have it too sloppy.
Pan fried the chicken breasts till just about done then put them in a shallow oven dish. Covered each one with cheese (type doesn't matter but it needs to be a good melting cheese) and then with the tomato sauce. Then into the oven till the chicken's cooked through and the cheese has melted.
To do it properly the chicken should be crumbed first but I didn't bother.
Oven baked chips (ie, roast potatoes cut thin and long) and a bit of green salad. Voila.
One of these days I might even take a picture - it never occurs to me to photograph food.
Smoke free today and feeling quite okay about it. Yesterday was shitty but today's been alright. The shop's not doing well though. Barely making ends meet this month. It's a worry. *sigh*

Today's reject Phone shot - a reflection of the TV. Guess what DVD I was watching :)




Phone gets even more handsome., originally uploaded by jsarcadia.

1 comment:

Janet said...

mmm, that sounds good; I'd love to see a picture!