Sunday, February 10, 2008

Quick and easy book meme

Saw this little meme over at Literary Feline.
Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
Open the book to page 123.
Find the fifth sentence.
Post the next three sentences.
Tag five people.

There are only about 50 books nearest me at the moment (on the desk!) and this is from the one on top of the nearest pile:

"I only know two sorts of boys. Mealy boys, and beef-faced boys."
"And which is Oliver?"

- Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens.

Tag yourself if you'd like to play along.

2 comments:

Literary Feline said...

Thanks for playing, Julie! I really liked Oliver Twist when I read it. Not to mention the musical. :-)

I'm reading a mystery set in Australia right now. It's finally being published in the U.S. (about time too!).

Have a great weekend.

Janet said...

I love that book!