Thursday, February 21, 2008

*sigh*

I just can't seem to get through the three day barrier. It always seems to be the third day when I slip up/weaken/give in. So today is back to day 1 again. I didn't weaken too badly but just once is bad enough. Fucking hopeless I am.

Yesterday, as a whole, was pretty unexciting. I did a lot of running around for minimal return. No photography either, except for Phone. :(
I did finish typing up a paper for a customer. He's an older gentleman who still hasn't progressed beyond the biro. I said I'd type his paper for him. (He's a regular customer so why not? He wants to pay me for the typing but I don't really want him to.) Anyway, "The Meaning of Apostasia in 2 Thessalonians 2:3" is typed. Oh my gawd, what an effort. To say it was not my cup of tea is a bit of an understatement.

Today's Phone photo was with Odinn's Child by Tim Severin. I had a quick look and decided that I'll start reading it.

Authors A-Z: Tim Severin - Odinn's Phone.

I need a new shop book as I finished Dangerous Lady by Martinia Cole on Monday. That wasn't a bad book. British crime thriller. Quite gritty, as they say. The central characters are all crooks so I didn't feel a lot of sympathy for them. I was pissed off with the 'happy ending' though.

3 comments:

Janet said...

c'mon, you know it's not going to happen overnight...hang in there!

Diane and Jack said...

Been wondering how it was going for you.
From the one who quit quitting - don't quit quitting! keep at it.

I know it sounds insane - but hey worth the try right? It does help ease mind a bit - get a small straw, cut it half - those moments where you feel you gotta have that drag, inhale on the straw. It worked until one day I just used the wrong excuse to pick up the cig instead. :)
keep at it.

Julie said...

That sounds a bit like having those fake cigs that Ro had a pic of.
I know someone who always has one in her hand. Never smokes it, just holds it. Then, when it falls apart she gets another one. That, I think, would drive me crazy.