Monday, January 07, 2008

I had the worst night's sleep

There I was, lying on my bed watching TV when I happened to look up. EEEEK! Right above my head. Of course no-one else was home to help! I went and got the broom but it was up too high to reach safely. (ie, I wasn't confident I could sweep it out without it falling on the bed.) So I stood there, broom in hand, just dithering. Finally, after about half an hour or so, it moved. Bloody hell, they can move fast! It sprinted across the top of the wall towards the door. Once it reached the door I swept it with the broom. It hit the floor and ran out. God knows where it is now. But then I couldn't sleep. I left the light on all night and kept waking up to check the walls and ceiling. No sign of it this morning but it'll be lurking somewhere. The pic is crap but I wasn't going to take any time to get a better one! It doesn't really show the size. About 4 inches across I reckon. Hate them!

 
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Literary Feline said...

Ack! It's no wonder you didn't sleep well!

Sudeaux Lux said...

You can still tell that it's a big mofo. Wow!

Diane and Jack said...

i agree and now am itching.