Friday, December 14, 2007

Thursday Thirteen

Led Zeppelin is in my head this week, so here's 13 of my favourite Led Zeppelin tracks:

1. Kashmir - the masterpiece.
2. Heartbreaker - if only I could play like that. I can do the riff, but the solo....no-one can match the flying fingers of Jimmy Page!
3. Whole Lotta Love - the song that inspired me to learn guitar. Love that riff!
4. Ten Years Gone - moody guitars that suck me in everytime.
5. No Quarter - probably their moodiest song. The vocals are magnificent.
6. In my Time of Dying - one of the many old blues tracks they adapted and made their own. Powerful doesn't begin to describe this track.
7. When The Levee Breaks - the best intro to any song ever!
8. Achilles Last Stand - the guitar maestro in full flight.
9. How many More Times - it rocks!
10. Ramble On - acoustic, electric, amazing.
11. That's The Way - Lovely acoustic number off the third album.
12. Immigrant Song - Hammer of the Gods!!!
13. Battle of Evermore - Tolkien inspired, Sandy Denny duetting with Robert Plant, Jimmy Page on mandolin. Just too good!
And all the others too!
T13

2 comments:

Janet said...

Ramble On is one of my favorite songs by them...love the imagery!

Julie said...

me too :)
But then, I love them all.