Monday, July 09, 2007

Harry frigging Potter

I've had a couple of enquiries as to whether we'll be stocking Deathly Hallows. I could but it would not be worth my while. The major bookstores, K-Mart, etc., will have heaps and will be selling the book at cost. My sister works at Dymocks, a major bookshop chain in town. She told me that they're getting 1500 copies in her particular shop and are selling them at wholesale price. Most of them are already sold on pre-orders anyway. I just can't compete with that sort of volume and it's pointless to buy in a few and then sell them for no profit. Depressing.

Edit: The guy I buy new books from was just in and I relented and ordered a couple in - to keep in reserve for when the big stores run out.

1 comment:

Shirl said...

Independent book sellers have a mighty hard row to hoe.

*sigh*