Sunday, May 20, 2007

Sometimes people piss me off...

There's a laundrette three doors down and we have an arrangement with them - the machines run on dollar coins and we keep a bag of 50 coins here for people who don't have enough or haven't organised themselves first. It saves the laundrette lady having to be there all day and it occasionally brings in new customers to us. So, most of the time, I don't mind giving out change.
But, every now and then I run out of dollar coins. Like now - I had a full bag an hour ago but now it's all gone. I've rung C to ask for more change and she'll probably be here before I finish this post. But, in the meantime....
Some people seem to think that I should have an unlimited supply and get cranky with me when I have to say "sorry, I'm out of coins." There's a pokies venue across the street which does have an unlimited supply of dollar coins. It's far too much trouble for some people to go over there for their change. It's far too much trouble for some people to organise themselves first - 'right, I'm going to the laundrette so I need dollar coins.' One guy, yesterday, wanted to me to go across the street for him. Sure buddy, no worries, I'll shut my shop to go get change for you 'cos there's absolutely no reason why you can't cross the street yourself.
Grrrr!
I should add that most people are understanding and don't cause a fuss. It's just the minority who get shitty and ruin my day.
Okay, rant over.
Ha! And here comes C to fill up my coin bag.

No comments: