Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Reading.....

I haven't been doing enough reading lately. But, just finished one book and picked up two more. Labyrinth by Kate Mosse - a time-slip story, connecting the present day with the 1190s, based, I think, on the Holy Grail.
The Talisman of Troy by Valerio Massimo Manfredi - based on what happens to Diomedes after the Trojan War. After 10 years fighting in Troy his homeland had changed and he is no longer welcome as king. He moves on to settle new lands - in what later becomes Italy. I think it's going to be centred around the struggle between Diomedes and Aeneas to claim this new land.
I've only just started with these books but they look interesting. Manfredi has been recommended to me by a couple of customers so it's time I gave him a go.

2 comments:

Shirl said...

sometimes it's good to slow the reading process, makes coming back to it even more enjoyable.

You've been mighty busy lately.

Plus! Taking pictures requires a good spot of time. And I like your pictures!

Julie said...

Yeah, I guess. Since I got my specs I just don't read as much, especially in bed - they're too uncomfortable unless I'm sitting up, and bed is not for sitting up.
Thanks re the pics. :)