Monday, November 27, 2006

Queenscliff

The good news is that I survived the weekend. Had a great time. Heard lots of good music. The highlight, for me, were The Models who've reformed - the 80s revisited. Great stuff. The other memorable act was a young band called The Black Guns. They churned out super-loud 70s style guitar driven rock. They were so enthusiastic, great to watch. The guitarist was so into it that he fell off the back of the stage - but he kept playing and turned it into a solo. Haha, it was hilarious. Sons of Spinal Tap!!
Chris Wilson was a bit of a disappointment. He has the most awesome voice and usually does a great blues set. But on Saturday he mainly did singalongs and didn't use that voice as he can. Lazy, I thought.
Got a bit sunburned yesterday which wasn't so smart.
The bad news is that the camera battery went flat and I didn't have the adapter for the charger so i couldn't recharge the battery. So, no pics. I'm pissed off about that. Especially as, Shirl, there were lighthouses! I'll have to do a special trip back there to snap those for you.

2 comments:

Shirl said...

oh, the darn batteries can be such a pain! But you're right, you have to go back and get those lighthosues!

Julie said...

I'll do my best for ya.