- Rhyme :: no rhyme or reason
- Substantial :: bulky
- Instant :: message
- Greed :: money
- Brad :: Pitt
- Season :: summer
- Accomplished :: done
- Invite :: come on over
- Sparkle :: glitter
- Rainbow :: waterfall
Monday, November 27, 2006
Chris Wilson was a bit of a disappointment. He has the most awesome voice and usually does a great blues set. But on Saturday he mainly did singalongs and didn't use that voice as he can. Lazy, I thought.
Got a bit sunburned yesterday which wasn't so smart.
The bad news is that the camera battery went flat and I didn't have the adapter for the charger so i couldn't recharge the battery. So, no pics. I'm pissed off about that. Especially as, Shirl, there were lighthouses! I'll have to do a special trip back there to snap those for you.
Wednesday, November 22, 2006
No doubt there'll be numerous posts and pics next week.
Tuesday, November 21, 2006
Monday, November 20, 2006
Saturday, November 18, 2006
Friday, November 17, 2006
I'm a Mandarin!
You're an intellectual, and you've worked hard to get where you are now. You're a strong believer in education, and you think many of the world's problems could be solved if people were more informed and more rational. You have no tolerance for sloppy or lazy thinking. It frustrates you when people who are ignorant or dishonest rise to positions of power. You believe that people can make a difference in the world, and you're determined to try.
Talent: 54%Take the Talent, Lifer, or Mandarin quiz.
Monday, November 13, 2006
Sunday, November 12, 2006
Friday, November 10, 2006
Monday, November 06, 2006
Friday, November 03, 2006
Thursday, November 02, 2006
Ironically, today it's raining.
Under Stage 2 restrictions;
· Private lawns can not be watered at any time;
· Vehicles can only be cleaned with a bucket, watering can, or high-pressure water-saving pumps – neither trigger hoses allowed in Stage 1 nor unpressurised hoses may be used without being attached to such a pump;
· Only commercial car washes that recycle water or use high-pressure water-saving pumps can operate;
· No grass sportsgrounds can be watered except for formal cricket pitches, golf and bowling greens, and tennis courts;
· Householders wishing to fill pools or spas still need written permission from their water retailer, as per Stage 1, but under Stage 2 will also have to demonstrate they can save the equivalent amount of water via other means in their homes and gardens; and
· In public gardens, lawns and flower beds can only be watered using hand-held hoses with or without a trigger nozzle, watering cans and buckets; where manual watering systems are used, between 5am and 8am and 8pm and 11pm only; and where automatic watering systems are used, between 11pm and 6am only.
Wednesday, November 01, 2006
After a fulfilling life with the now dead prince, she happily sits upon her rocking chair, watching the world go by from her front porch, with a cat named Bob for companionship.
One sunny afternoon out of nowhere, appeared the fairy godmother.
Cinderella said, "Fairy Godmother, what are you doing here after all these years"?
The fairy godmother replied,
"Cinderella, you have lived an exemplary life since I last saw you. Is there anything for which your heart still yearns?"
Cinderella was taken aback, overjoyed, and after some thoughtful >consideration, she uttered her first wish:
"The prince was wonderful, but not much of an investor.
I'm living hand to mouth on my disability checks, and I wish I were wealthy beyond comprehension."
Instantly her rocking chair turned into solid gold.
"Ooh, thank you, Fairy Godmother"
The fairy godmother replied,
"It is the least that I can do. What do you want for your second wish?"
Cinderella looked down at her frail body, and said,
"I wish I were young and full of the beauty and youth I once had."
At once, her wish became reality, and her beautiful young visage returned.
Cinderella felt stirrings inside of her that had been dormant for years.
And then the fairy godmother spoke once more:
"You have one more wish; what shall it be?"
Cinderella looks over to the frightened cat in the corner and says,
"I wish for you to transform Bob, my old cat, into a kind and handsome young man."
Magically, Bob suddenly underwent so fundamental a change in his biological make-up that, when he stood before her, he was a man so beautiful the likes
of him neither she nor the world had ever seen.
The fairy godmother said,
"Congratulations, Cinderella, enjoy your new life."
With a blazing shock of bright blue electricity,
the fairy godmother was gone as suddenly as she appeared.
For a few eerie moments, Bob and Cinderella looked into each other's eyes.
Cinderella sat, breathless, gazing at the most beautiful, stunningly perfect man she had ever seen.
Then Bob walked over to Cinderella, who sat transfixed in her rocking chair, & held her close in his young muscular arms.
He leaned in close, blowing her golden hair
with his warm breath
as he whispered...
"Bet you're sorry you neutered me."