Sunday, August 20, 2006

Bought myself a new home theatre system the other day. DVD/video/CD/radio all in one little box with six surround sound speakers. It's only a $350 cheapie but it's more than good enough for the bedroom. (The stereo out in the lounge is kinda antiquated!)
When I set it up I then couldn't decide whether to watch a DVD or a video, or listen to a CD or the radio. I fell asleep instead!
Now I have to figure out how to hook up my old amp and turntable - then I can listen to all that old vinyl as well.
I'm quite pleased with my new toy.

The next project is to convert all that vinyl to CD. It's not so simple on the laptop - I need an usb audio adapter to plug the amp/turntable into the sound card or something. And, of course, I need hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of blank CDs. I'll get there one day.

3 comments:

Shirl said...

Good for you, JulieRoo! We keep having to keep up with the technology.

The greenies start today. Go green!

Julie said...

Go green indeed.

Shirl said...

and we won!