Saturday, May 06, 2006

Death's Jest Book

By Reginald Hill. Another Dalziel and Pascoe crime novel. I like the way this guy writes...he packs an awful lot into his stories. Lots of different threads running through this; some refer back to earlier stories which I haven't read. Doesn't interfere with the flow of this book though. For much of the book a lot of these threads appear to be unconnected but, slowly but surely, he draws them all together by the end. The way some of the threads ended was a bit 'convenient' for the good guys....a more complicated, even inconclusive, ending would have been more in line with the way the story unravelled. Still, a good read all the same.
Now....what to read next?
It should all get a bit easier after Thursday, that's when I get me specs! Ugh. Been in denial for too long...it's time to admit the sad truth: my eyes are no longer functioning properly. Sigh.

No comments: